It's never too late to START living WELL
Tips for Living a Healthy LIFESTYLE
Living a healthy lifestyle is paramount to achieving optimal health.
- Stay away from toxins like cigarettes, herbicides and pesticides, and toxic chemicals in personal care and cleaning products.
- Practice stress reducing activities like yoga, tai chi, meditation or deep breathing.
- Get outside - connect with nature, everyday, and get moving. Regular exercise is essential for good health and longevity.
- Get your lymphatic system moving and removing toxins by walking/exercising regularly, drinking enough water, dry skin brushing or saunas
- Get enough good quality sleep.
We all know the obvious benefits of regular exercise:
- Increase in overall energy levels
- Proven positive effect on mood
- combined with diet, promotes a lean, strong body and burns fat
But regular exercise does SO much more! Some of the benefits include:
- Increased flexibility and range of joint motion - lessens chance of injury
- enhances posture and improves balance
- Strengthens heart function, lowers blood pressure and helps lower total blood cholesterol and triglyceride
- Improves digestion, elimination and immune function
- helps reduce tension and anxiety - actually improves your ability to handle stress
- Improves sleep
So get out there - go for a walk with a friend, play an active game with your kids, take up a new sport...do something you love and do it often!